Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Little Pick-Me-Ups

OK. So. It's no secret that I love shopping. However, if you follow me around the Internet or watch my beauty channel you'll know that I don't post loads of "hauls" or things of the sort. I love shopping, but it's not like I have money to burn after bills and student loan payments every month. I know this is a problem a lot of us have, and it makes us feel bad when it seems like there's all these young women online spending frivolous amounts of money on all the latest beauty products and fashion items.

However.


I do believe in a little pick-me-up every once in a while. You don't have to spend a ton to get yourself a little something that will make you feel good, and I am the queen of coupons and sale shopping for this exact reason.


A while back, Victoria's Secret was having their semi-annual sale (which I think is basically their all-the-time sale, because it seems like they're always having it.) I was walking around the mall one evening when Tony was working late, and I popped in.


I wound up leaving with two fun spring-like items for around $5. The first was this Sunny Brights "Sky Bright" body wash, which smells super fresh and kind of floral at the same time.


I also grabbed this cute pair of undies, because who doesn't love a colorful, cute pair of undies? I'm not really sure if it's weird to show undies on the Internet, but TBH, IDGAF :)

Moral of the story is: five dollars bought me a little piece of spring, and a pat on the back for working hard-- even without a lot of extra dough left over. Sometimes something as little as buying yourself a pack of gum in the grocery check-out line can make your day a little brighter, don't you think?

2 comments:

  1. "Women need shopping!Women love shopping!"-Dave Chappelle in "The Nutty Professor".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo I think I'm going to start being obsessed with your blog now. Great. Another thing of yours on my giant list of obsessions haha. Little pick me ups are a good idea. I like going to Plato's Closets in the rich parts of town for my monthly pick me ups. I got a really cute, good quality dress from Banana Republic for $8. Like what??

    ReplyDelete